A very warm welcome from Y4 to parents old and new! The children have had an extremely positive start to the new academic year, approaching their learning with enthusiasm and building new friendships. We are looking forward to working closely with you throughout the year to ensure your child is happy in school and meeting their full potential.
We are passionate about every child enjoying their learning and achieving their true potential and so our Curriculum Intent underpin all of the learning that takes place in our school.
At Falcon Junior School, we provide a safe, encouraging and engaging learning environment that enables all children to develop the skills, knowledge and attitudes to make the most of their lives, now and in the future.
Our curriculum puts the child at the centre of our nurturing and achieving school, where positive relationships, based on mutual respect are at the heart of everything we do. Our ambitious curriculum follows the Primary National Curriculum. It exposes our children to enriching experiences, building progressive knowledge and skills and equipping them with the personal characteristics required to succeed in life. Our values of kindness, respect, creativity, positivity, aspiration and resilience underpin all aspects of our curriculum and school life.
The key principles and drivers behind the design of our curriculum are for our children to:
- be confident, independent and resilient; and to work hard at areas they find challenging.
- show empathy and compassion and to value diversity and equality.
- achieve academically across the entire curriculum, building on prior learning and developing knowledge, skills and vocabulary to make progress.
- be culturally knowledgeable about our local context, our country, and our world.
- be aspirational and know the importance of hard work and determination.
- be well prepared for secondary school, both academically and personally.
Autumn Term 2:
Spring Term 1:
Summer Term 1: