What is an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan?
An EHC plan:
- Specifies special educational, health and social care provision and support that is needed for a child or young person to achieve their best possible outcomes
- Is based on a child or young person’s needs and aspirations
- Specifies how services will work together to meet a child or young person’s needs and achieve agreed outcomes
- Is a legal document
- Can start from a child’s birth and can remain in place until a young person is 25
- Is used to secure the provision which is assessed as being necessary